The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Premium Shave Soap - Anouncments

Says Mr. Tumbleweed...

At least he's clean shaven now. LOL ..............................

Wait..

I figured it out.

THAT's WHAT WAS ON CHAD's FACE!!!! No WONDER stuff smelled like tumbleweeds!!!!

This guy is a genius and a comedian! Yes CHRIS Tumbleweed scented shave soap please!

Ghost lime was just the first. There will be other ghosts.
I figured, but I wanted to get my vote in so that Chris knows what his customers are interested in.
1f642.png
1f44d.png

I sadly may miss the release of the TSC soap as this storm is gonna be a bugger.
As has been suggested by others, if you are going to want the TSC scent but will need/want to wait some time for it just PM me. I see no reason i can't hold some aside for those who need to be delayed for one reason or another.

Chris, not that I'm not anxious to order ASAP, but I thought one of your keys was aging the soaps before release?

It is. I have had soap aging but needed the proper volume of fragrances needed. At this time I do not age soap scented, it is mixed after aging. The only exception to this are Tabacaveg and roasted oatmeal stout.

This actually posses a new problem because my Wagyu guy has been delayed for sometime (life happens) so I may find my supply of aged base running thin.

Side note, I will be experimenting with scenting before aging at some point. This would make things WAY easier on me but It is unknown how it will impact the fragrance depending on when in the cycle I add the frags.

One thing that would be good to know as you're building your inventory and potentially run out of soaps, is which soaps do you plan on continuing to make and which are limited batches. I can wait to order until most of them are in stock, but if something that's available now might not be made again, that would be good to know. So I'm not found crying in my office when I watch Josh do a review and know I can't get it.

One thing that would be good to know as you're building your inventory and potentially run out of soaps, is which soaps do you plan on continuing to make and which are limited batches. I can wait to order until most of them are in stock, but if something that's available now might not be made again, that would be good to know. So I'm not found crying in my office when I watch Josh do a review and know I can't get it.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I know the Roasted Oatmeal Stout soap says it’s limited on the website.

I think this is the hardest thing about making the hobby a business. One way to mitigate this is to keep making the base unscented and make scented product on a just in time basis, keeping minimal stock on hand but always being able to make it.

This is a little insider info here but... Those of you who got soaps in the smaller jars got a soap that was made just for you. You were test dummies on many levels
1) you helped me explore different scents i may not have thought about
2) you gave me an opportunity to explore scent strength
3) you gave me a platform to test the "on demand" ability

I don't really see on demand being a viable long term business model unless I really make it a feature of how I do business differently, which COULD happen. I enjoy making what people want so making small runs of 5 or 6 tubs isn't too hard. The difficulty comes in financing the operation. Since I have other sources of income I can run at a deficit but it is a stupid way to PLAN to run.

After saying all of this I will get to my point. Members of the TSC forum who participate and communicate are almost assured they will always have a tub for them. It could take a little more time if things get back ordered as they recently did but I am very willing to special order. The more my business grows and get seen the more opportunity there will be to turn every tub into $$, which means more ability to do what the community is asking for.

I know the Roasted Oatmeal Stout soap says it’s limited on the website.

THIS is true. I will not be making this soap again even though I am loving it more with each use. I will experiment with other beer bases and might explore scent variations but making this particular version is not going to happen.

EDIT: I will always try to indicate on my site things in limited availability and those that are coming soonest.

I know you guys typically give good input. I have a base made with added hemp oil, it is a good soap with good to great performance but the added hemp oil means certain folk will choose to stay away out of an abundance of caution (Pilots and G-men). It is totally safe but when your livelihood is on the line its an easy precaution to take so I see no problem taking it.

I have obtained a lovely bottle Dragons Blood (scent) I was considering using with the hemp base (the whole hemp and dragons blood vibe made sense to me). I ask 2 questions here. One, is this something you personally might like (no commitments assumed, just input) and two, do you think the hemp dragon would have a market. ...ok, one more question. Or should I reserve that base for small or special scent requests?

Thank you for all the info. I think once before you mentioned you scent after the soap sits, but I forgot.

I have no idea what dragon blood smells like so can’t comment on that. I personally wouldn’t buy something based on it having hemp oil in it because I’m just used to hemp anything being tied to people promoting “natural” or “sustainable” vs it being used in any mainstream products because of high quality. It wouldn’t turn me off seeing it in the ingredient list either.

Chris I want some of that Dragons Blood Soap. Consider that a commitment from me!

And yes, I think there would be a market for it. But I also see no problem with it being a special release thing.

I know you guys typically give good input. I have a base made with added hemp oil, it is a good soap with good to great performance but the added hemp oil means certain folk will choose to stay away out of an abundance of caution (Pilots and G-men). It is totally safe but when your livelihood is on the line its an easy precaution to take so I see no problem taking it.

I have obtained a lovely bottle Dragons Blood (scent) I was considering using with the hemp base (the whole hemp and dragons blood vibe made sense to me). I ask 2 questions here. One, is this something you personally might like (no commitments assumed, just input) and two, do you think the hemp dragon would have a market. ...ok, one more question. Or should I reserve that base for small or special scent requests?

Not sure on this one Chris. I have at least one but I think 2 hemp oil added soaps and they act kinda funny for me. Never tried or smelled a Dragons blood soap I would be interested but would want to buy a sample first to make sure it wasn’t wacky with my water.

I'm kind like you Dave, I associate hemp with a movement more than a food or cosmetic ingredient. Doesn't mean I am right, its just the first thing that comes to mind. I decided to experiment with hemp oil after picking up a bottle of refined hemp oil at Marshals (i was told they had proraso). It was totally clear and odorless, it was so refined, but it felt good as an oil. I dont like oily feel so when i found that it absorbed fairly quickly and seemed to make my dry skin happy i got some to try in soap. The stuff I used is pressed by Canadian Hippies and is fit for consumption...tastes kind of nutty. According to the hippie lore on the bottle I am supposed to be healthier because I used some of this oil on my salad. The masseuse down the hall from me likes to use hemp oil when using various aromatherapy or essential oil treatments, says it help with penetration and is pleasant on the skin.

Aside from any potential reservations people might have with it, I really didn't find it any better in soap than what I am using now. It's more expensive too.

In NC we have several local farmers growing hemp now. And a few folks selling the oil. It is ridiculously expensive but is said to have many holistic medicinal uses. It is extremely heavily regulated by the government and monitored throughout its growth to assure that the level of THC is under a certain extremely low percentage. If it goes above the acceptable level the entire crop is then considered a total loss and destroyed.

Back